Friday, June 15, 2007

DUKE LACROSSE : FRAMED FROM THE START

Here is a video of one of the Duke University Lacrosse Players breaking down on the stand during the trial of the Duke prosecutor.

I can't articulate how I feel about this case powerfully enough.

All I can say, is that when the case first broke well over a year ago, I was up watching MSNBC. They were interviewing (I believe) one of the top members of the school's student council.

She was shaking and very passionate on camera. She went on to tell the interviewer that the next day her and many other students would be protesting the Duke players by going on campus and banging the drums of oppression like they do in the third world to expose how the white patriarchy of the capitalist first world exploits personhoods of colour...or something like that. The typical left-wing rhetorical drill.

I called my wife into the room immediately and said...They're being framed. It's all an ideological set-up.

I never waivered from that position because a similar incident happened to another student when I was at Queen's, as I have written about.

I'll end with a quote from Abraham Lincoln:

"The philosophy of the classroom today will be the philosophy of government tomorrow."

Do you like the philosophy of today's classroom?

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Roy Eappen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger KEvron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home