National Post Censors Conservative Ad then Claims Not for Censorship
So, the "courageous" National Post has apologized
for an ad that offended a certain segment of society that one is no longer allowed to offend because some people are a little bit more equal than others in modern day Canada.
And of course, what they do is what all gutless types do. Say that they defend free speech while saying the ad is "manipulative" while not once adressing the fact that all of the facts of the ad are not in dispute.
Well yes...ever advertisment ever created is made to use facts to bring the consumer around to a point using coercive visuals and imagery. That is manipulation. It is the nature of advertising. Progressives use it all the time.
Remember these government ads from a few years back.
Ontario had their own version with a picture of the child behind bars. I recall they were all along Queen Street in Toronto.
Regardless of how you feel about this sex ed curriculum that reads as though it was written by Dan Savage, there is nothing that the Post says that is consistent with their purported view in favour of free speech. They can spin it anyway they want...this is exactly as it seems. A supposed conservative/libertarian newspaper bowing to the pressure of an extremely well financed and powerful lobby. Period. Full stop.
The Post has some good columnists but I will never pay for the paper again. It must also be noted that absolutely nothing in the ad is deemed to be untrue. Nothing. Everything the ad says is being taught... is.
And that is how the left always gets the right. Not on truth or facts, but on intangibles. Saying something is offensive but being unwilling to quantify that offense. A progressive trait if ever there was one.
Well, I hope the Post enjoys their new progressive readership in the wake of Sun News. I certainly will never buy their sad excuse for a gutless tabloid again.
BIN LADEN'S DEAD: HYPOCRITICAL PROGRESSIVE EDITION
Collective Voice of Progressives during the Bush Administration: Bush caused 911! Bush called in the planes! Killing Bin Laden will only create more heads on the Hydra! Stay out of Afghanistan! Bring the troops home now! No blood for oil!
Collective Voice of Progressives after Obama catches Bin Laden: Awesome! Way to go! Terrorism is dead!
Collective Voice of Canadian Progressives after Obama catches Bin Laden: Awesome! Bin Laden is dead! Let's go vote Jack Layton!
Dumbass Hypocrites. All.
THEO CALDWELL: THE RIGHT WING AVI LEWIS
I'll have more to say about Sun News later...but wowza.
Theo Caldwell is everything I am not. A smug, rich, UCC educated caricature of a pundit who has not earned his views but inherited them through his lineage.
Is there something I am missing about this little right wing punk?
Everything nasty in the left that made me go right is in lil' Theo. He makes me root for the left.
That's not easy to do.
IF PARLIAMENT ONLY MET ONCE A YEAR FOR A FEW DAYS, WOULD THAT BE DEMOCRATIC?
According to Canadian Parliamentary Law
, our constitution only requires that Parliament meet at least once a year. That session can in theory last as little as a few days.
That is law. It is the "rule" as Mr. Ignatieff would say.
Tell me, if Parliament only met once a year, for only a few days, would that be democratic?
IGGY TALK OF TAKE OVER IS NOT GIFT; IT IS A CALCULATED MOVE
Make no mistake. Ignatieff and Bob Rae both speaking of a Liberal take over of Parliament in the event of a Conservative minority is not a gift or a gaffe. It is a well calculated move.
It will be downplayed by the media and if Harper gets a minority they will then be able to say they did not hide their cards. They will then spin that the public voted as a monolith and did not want a Harper majority.
They know this. They know it will not be widely or repeatedly (and that makes a difference) reported.
But remember, there is a world of difference between following the word of the law and then having that reflect democracy.
These men confuse Marxism with democracy and democracy with fascism, hence Ignatieff's childish but dangerous "Rise Up" rant. Make no mistake, when progressives call conservatives, Nazis or Fascists...they mean it. His Mao reference was not a mistake. It was a real reference to this child's world view. They are unhinged. Irrational and illogical. The children of the baby boomers who believe up is down, down is up, black is white and white is black.
Beware...things are about to get very dirty. And yes, those Liberal phone calls were probably done by the party members themself.
On Lara Logan tragedy...
1. This is a tragedy.
2. It is a real story and the details – should – be known. I know it throws people into a tiff when the victim is a reporter covering a story, but then that becomes the story and this should be front page news. Reporters cover tragedy all the time…no reason why this should be any different; even if it is awkward.
3. It is part of the story because it shows a fissure in the narrative. The mainstream media narrative on this has been a childish “good Muslim rebels vs. evil Western backed dictator”. This shows that that narrative is false, and again, the media is so unwilling to even begin to understand the brutality that comes to many women in Islamic countries.
4. The phrase used in the release, “brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating,” to me suggests multiple gang rapes. True unmitigated horror. If that is what happened, then that should be told. The term sexual assault is too vague; legally it can mean anything from rape to a mere tweak of the buttock. Why is the left so afraid of confronting this issue?
5. Guaranteed, that either before the end of this television season or during next, at least one of the legal or medical shows on tv will feature an episode where a blonde journalist is gang raped by a bunch of evangelicals at a Tea Party rally while a bunch of Muslims come to her rescue. Guaranteed. Charlize Theron will probably be courted for a feature version that shows Coptic Christians were responsible.
6. The Western progressive left, is out to bloody lunch when it comes to even remotely understanding fundamentalist Islam. Logan is a victim, but she is a victim not only of fundamentalist Islam, but of western ignorance. I hope she continues to report, and the next time she is in a newsroom and a group of her collegues is preparing a piece on the evangelical theocracy or the patriarchal evils of Catholics while lamenting the post 9/11 backlash against the “religion of peace”, she can loudly clear her throat and set the record straight.
THINKING OF COMING BACK
Thinking of coming back.
It's been almost two years since I posted. In that time I have...
...become a father...
...made some decent inroads into a career...
...had a first hand experience with some of the nastiest people I have ever encountered and you know what...they were conservative Evangelicals...
...lost some friends whom I previously held dear...
...made some new ones...
...realized that someone I admired was only human...
...further realized that culture drives politics...not the other way around.
EINSTEIN SAYS BELIEF IN GOD "CHILDISH SUPERSTITION"
Nicol says, "So what."
Atheists around the world took great comfort in this and revealed themselves as little more than faith based followers of another kind for it
.The most childish notion that the Einstein
quote brings with it is the notion that all atheists are defacto "smart" and all theists defacto not. This is simple, facile and juvenile reasoning.
Remember, belief in God is a philosophical and theological question. Not a question of science
. Einstein was a brilliant scientist, but neither a philosopher nor theologian.
Do atheists really believe that only an atheist can be a scientist? That scientists are not also swayed by the culture of the day or political correctness?
That notion is laughably unsophisticated.
Also remember that Einstein was writing at a time when we did not know that atheists under the guise of Marxists would create the greatest genocides in human history.
Perhaps had he lived in the modern era Einstein would realize whose views were truly "childish".