Saturday, July 02, 2005

A QUICK DISPATCH TO THE FRONT LINES

Here is a wonderful column by Michael Coren, written in the eloquent yet sharp way that he has mastered. Coren, a landed immigrant, has a patriot's love for his country but like so many of us he never ceases to want more and to dream. In this column he does what true patriots sometimes need to do...question in times of crisis.

Here's how he opens.

"ON CANADA Day weekend I am supposed to behave like a good Canadian columnist. To say how wonderful this country is and how great and grand it is to be Canadian.
Sorry, not going to do it. I love Canadians, I love what this country has done for me, but I cannot serve it well if I play the game of adulation. Simply put, we're in big trouble. "


Here is the link for the rest.

http://www.torsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnists/Coren_Michael/2005/07/02/1114312-sun.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home