Tuesday, January 17, 2006

STAY THE COURSE: THE NEW LEFT ARE TERRIFIED

We've all seen the differing polls over the past 24 hours. My message: do not waver. Stay the course.

I said it before, the media wants to punish Paul Martin, not award Stephen Harper. Now that a majority is possible, they are terrified. Look at the Toronto Star, they are going into hysterics. The Globe and Mail has now published an article 'outing' the religious candidates who are opposed to SSM.

I suspect the EKOS Toronto Star poll at best was a push poll designed to influence voters downward and give the Liberal's hope. Remember the American election when all of the network polls were specifically chosen to 'out-psych' conservatives?

Trust me on this...the New Left is terrified of what they are seeing. This major shift from the NDP to the Liberals was to be expected. I said it before at the beginning of this campaign. This timeout, the NDP is toast, done, burnt to a crisp. I stand by that.

Sometimes I spend time going through the message boards at various websites that swing to a more 'progressive' view of human nature. One such web site is 'rabble'. It is the home for many NDP and Liberal supporters.

So I figured I would run through their boards to get a feel for how they are perceiving the election. How do they feel about the prospect of a Stephen Harper government?

Are they non-plussed? Mildly engaged? Concerned? Elated at the thought of real progress?

No. They are terrified. Real horror show. Here are some of their ramblings for your pleasure.
Most were found on the board about Stephen Harper saying "God bless Canada," at the end of his speeches:

"I'll accept “God bless Canada” as harmless when Con supporters are able to ignore a leader who finishes his/her speeches with “hail Satan” or even worse (in their minds) “Muhammad is the prophet”."

"F*ck, I can't believe Canadians would even consider that troglodyte!!!"

"Four or five years with Stephen Harper as Prime Minister. Life will have no meaning."

"Basically, we'll be dragged into the coming (provoked) armageddon, if the God people have their way. We won't be bystanders anymore!"

"*sigh* We are so screwed. *shakes head in disgust* "

"I agree that the "God bless" crap isn't just an empty phrase but rather a code message to the the religious bigots to keep quiet for another week and that their agenda will be taken into account should the Conserblicans win and Harper become PM."

"However, the new Conservatives aren't Tories, but smooth-talking serpents who have slithered out from underneath Prairie rocks to claim their new found dominion."

"The only blessing Canada needs is a Conservatives' defeat."


These people are running scared like headless chickens. The system they use to exploit the majority is potentially at an end. Take my word for it. The Liberal increase is not a decrease in Conservative support; it is a decrease in NDP support. It was to be expected. This is part of the game and we knew this would happen. Anything can still happen, but...

...stay the course.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Canadianna said...

Great post, Nicol. I cringe if I try to go to one of those sites, they're just so bigotted.

Those who lack intellect pretend to understand. Showing contempt for Harper, Christians, conservatives -- gives them legitimacy without really having to go to the effort of answering 'why' to any of the statements they make.
Their words are ignorance, not fear. Fear is deserves respect and consideration, this kind of nonsense, doesn't.

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my friend's MSN name:

What is the difference between Steven [sic] Harper and Godzilla? Godzilla believe in separation of the church and state - there's more where that came from.

And then a few days ago a received an email from him about education and funding from the government and a report card from some association (I forget who, I deleted the email). And then he writes at the top of the email:

This affects all of us. Vote intelligently. Don't vote for debt.

So I wrote back and said:

I am using my intelligence when I vote Conservative. My parents aren't giving me a dime for school, I don't qualify for OSAP and I have a line of credit but always pay it off each month. I am earning $3000 in scholarships for keeping an 80% average. I work during the school year and in the summer. I will graduate debt free.

They are petrified. They're shaking in their boots and shaking their heads because they don't understand why 40% of Canada is voting for them. Hopefully one day they will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home