Sunday, January 22, 2006

HYSTERICAL REPORTER WAS LINA DIB

Thanks to Sharon, who accurately points out in the comments section of the post below that the hysterical reporter was named Lina Dib. She was from the French language television network TVA.

As the story goes, apparently Carmichael was one of the Conservative candidates who attended a speech by American Evangelical Ralph Reed a few weeks ago.

The media, in the last days of the campaign have been trying to get a hold of 'social conservative' candidates so they can 'question' them. But we all know what that means...they want to have an inquisition on them.

Dib should be ashamed of herself. Anyone who saw that footage and thought that she was in the 'right' should be ashmed of themselves.

Again, she acted hysterically and it terrifies me that people are seeing the news through the eyes of extremists like her.

Also, here is some more fear-mongering in the form of 'the good' Dr. Henry Morgentaler. This excerpt is from the Globe & Mail by way of Andrew Coyne,

"It's important . . . that we do whatever we can to prevent the quasi-fascist party to come into power," Dr. Morgentaler told The Globe and Mail after a news conference in his Toronto clinic.

Author June Callwood said this,

"It takes a decade, it takes two decades, to repair the damage done by one right-wing government of this radical kind," Ms. Callwood said. "I think Harper represents everything I hold to be anti-Canadian."

I love it when the 'tolerant' and 'diverse' show that they are not.

I have no idea what effect these sorts of statements will have in the wanning days of the campaign.

May the wind be in our sails.

3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger trustonlymulder said...

Reporter nothing. She's a video blogger and anthropologist who wants a Masters in blogging!!! *spitting up coffee in laughter* I bet she went straight home, taped the CTV and CPAC coverage and is drooling over herself on national television.

www.linadib.com
Name: Lina Dib
Field: Anthropology
Location: Université de Montréal
Current Project:
Master's thesis and DVD
DVD Topic:
Blogging: The technology and the practice of a digital and instantly published self. A non-linear approach to theory and fieldwork.



If I post 1000 blog articles do I get a Bachelor of Verbosity?

Will 5000 posts get me a Bachelor of Verbal Diarrhea?

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all you ranters about Lina Dib.
Many thanks for all the attention. May I make a small suggestion?
TrustOnlyMulder, you should hone your investigative skills a bit before accusing someone of being another.
I am Lina Dib the student who was studying blogs for her Masters thesis in Montreal. I am not however the reporter you are all talking about. She is a reporter for TVA and I am a PhD student at Rice.
Perhaps you can conclude a quick investigative lesson #1: Don't make assumptions based on your first google results.
ie: DIG DEEPER my friend

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a stock symbols site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home