Friday, March 30, 2007

CHOCOLATE JESUS CANCELLED: FREE SPEECH WINS!

There is no contradiction in my post title.

In a free society-EVERYONE-has the right to free speech.
That means the artist. That means the people complaining to the artist.

No one said they had to take it down. No laws were passed against the exhibit. They just couldn't handle the heat.

Oh, they thought the Catholics would just sit down and take it like they did with "Virgin Mary in Cow Dung" and "Piss Christ".

C'est la vie.

As to the "death threats"...

Did they file police complaints?

Is there an on-going investigation?

Are emails being collected, phones being traced and wires being tapped?

When this happens I'll believe there were genuine death threats and not just the hysterical rantings of leftists who couldn't handle the controversy. Even The Dixie Chicks showed more cojones than this.

Hey, I've gotten death threats sent to my private email before with the author telling me he would come to my home and saw my head off.

Deal. Life goes on.

A victory for speech happened today, and I for one am glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home