Thursday, January 10, 2008

DHALLAGATE '08

I found this interesting. I suspect what is at issue here is whether or not Dhalla is the type of MP that actually cares whether or not the children were beaten.

I do not know Dhalla, but I lived in Brampton for almost a decade and have seen her on television numerous times and if I had to guess at who the most vapid, shallow careerist MP was right now...Dhalla would certainly be in the running.

If you look at her public conduct and voting record she appears to be an MP with very little principle and seems to have as her only goal the getting ahead at all costs.

I remember her being on Michael Coren several years ago and throwing all kinds of of outrageous 'facts' about conservative misdeeds out into the fray. As I recall, the well researched Coren said he hadn't heard of them and said he would have his researcher verify what she said for the next show. If memory serves, he asked if she would be available for comment on the next show when he found more things out. The next night he revealed everything she said was inaccurate and of course, she was not available for comment.

I remember she was also the Lib MP they sent to the conservative policy convention a few years ago. She gave an interview saying how terrified she was at the extreme Christians in there. She probably even breathed heavy for paranoid effect.

She also misled the Sikh community in Brampton which is overwhelming morally conservative and opposed to 'same sex' marriage. As I recall, she would not comment on her views until after the election after which she voted for it.

So when the Toronto Star reports:

An online broadcast by Times Now television described Dhalla’s first response to the incident as “shockingly callous.”

In that initial interview, Dhalla was quoted as saying she “cannot control what the police do ... and I hope that those young kids learn from this incident.”

...my inclination is that is probably true.

Again, I only know Dhalla from her own public actions and conduct and my guess is that this is totally in line with her persona of a cold, calculated careerist who has very little compassion for anyone who stands in her way.

She is most likely only seemingly concerned now for PR reasons.

I suspect her line tommorow will be to play the race card saying anyone who thinks the children were beaten is a racist with a patriarchal Western view towards impovershed nations. She is probably being councilled on that as we speak. But that is only my opinion as is everything here based on my observations of her public persona and memory.

'Cause that's the kind o' gal she seems to be to me. Does that make me sexist?

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some are saying she had no idea the kids were beaten when she said that. I wonder why she said "I cannot control what the police did"
I think the media is once again giving a Lib the free ride on this one.
And she is afraid of extreme Christians?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home