Wednesday, October 17, 2007

CALL YOUR BOSS A SONOFAB...!

As I struggle to understand Stephane Dion on CFRB and try to hold back laughter as I hear him spin and spin until he capitualtes like a damp rag to the floor in a steambath, I came across this;

"Regular swearing at work can help boost team spirit among staff, allowing them to express better their feelings as well as develop social relationships, according to a study by researchers."
...
"We hope that this study will serve not only to acknowledge the part that swearing plays in our work and our lives, but also to indicate that leaders sometimes need to 'think differently' and be open to intriguing ideas."

I am not a prude. I swear. I am not perfect, nor do I think every form of swearing is unacceptable.

However, I will take a radical guess and suspect that many of the researchers that did this study are left-wing. They seem to want to affirm 'anti-social' values while confining to the dust bin of history 'social' or 'traditional' values.

Let me ask this; how long do think it would take for these same proponents to cry out harrassment and hate if certain swear words or invectives were used?

Think of all of the swear words you can say? Think really hard. How many could be construed as sexist, racist, homophobic or hateful? Do you think they would be tolerated by the same people who are endorsing this study?

Yeah, I know. Another dumb study by another dumb research group with nothing to add to a culture that is dumbed down enough as it is.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Nicol DuMoulin said...

If you just come on to swear and don't have the courage to leave your identification, I will not post your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home