Monday, February 06, 2006

THE EMERSON AFFAIR

I wanted to think about this for a few hours before I commented on it. At first it threw me and it is obvious by the type of comments that other bloggers are making that it has upset a great number of Stephen Harper's supporters.

But...to be angry seems too obvious at this point.

This feels to me like the first day of the campaign where Harper came right out of the gate and talked about same-sex marriage. People thought he blew it; that he was insane; a man who really didn't get it. I remember the angry posts. After a few days people came to see it for the brilliant strategizing it was. Get the deed out of the way early.

Stephen Harper has taken office like the Eliot Ness of Canadian poltiics. He is there to clean up the dirt. He must be spotless. But expectations are almost too high to be met. He can only fall with these types of eyes on him. By taking Emerson, he gets the 'fall from grace' out of the way early. He has not committed any high crime and Emerson will not really effect the power shift or make-up of parliament.

Does anyone really think that Conservatives + NDP = Majority?

Oh yeah, they'll agree on everything from child care to defense!

I think Prime Minister Harper knows exactly what he is doing. He knew how this would be seen.

Let' s all take a deep breath and see how this plays out before we start calling him Benedict Harper.

I am as proud of him now as I was the night he won.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Canadianna said...

Very interesting take on this. I guess puts to rest all notions of rosy perfection -- better to choose your poison than let others do it for you.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. I'm always interested in anything to do with the civil war, especially in the area of Bartow County, Georgia. I'm an active member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV).

Regards,
SCV member
Warren Akin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home