Friday, January 18, 2008

PUBLISHER GOES TO JAIL IN BELARUS

I am sure this will not happen to Ezra Levant.

But could it, on a long enough time line and if the 'right' cultural factors were lined up?

Are there people in Canada who would want it to happen?

Who are they...judges, lawyers, academics, people on 'human rights' tribunals?

Can someone also tell me how a "free press" can discuss a topic if you are not allowed to view or read the topic that is in discussion? If an artist wants to show "Piss Christ", or "Chocolate Jesus with an erection in pumpkin sauce", I want to see it so I can discuss it.

I have no problem with my local paper printng a picture of them. And they have no problem printing them with sophomoric glee.

If we are going to discuss the Halton School and The Golden Compass, I want to be able to go to my local bookstore and read a copy. Which of course, I can.

Why can we not do the same with these cartoons? How can we discuss something that we are not allowed to see in any legal sense?

The more arguments I read for not being able to print these cartoons, the more I find the emperor has no clothes.

Western, mainstream media is a disgrace.






1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Islamofascist-Dhimmi Axis Assault on Free Speech

Muslims Against Sharia are proud to be the first Muslim group to publicly support Ezra Levant and denounce HRC inquisition.

Proceedings against Ezra Levant are nothing short of ridiculous. HRC legitimizes radicals' claims that Islam cannot be criticized and Freedom of Speech only applies to radical Muslims.

But Ezra Levant is not alone. The latest casualties of Islamofascist-Dhimmi Axis Assault on Free Speech include Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, Fouad al-Farhan, Joe Kaufman, Alexander Sdvizhkov, Mark Steyn, and TomaShot. Are you going to be next? http://muslimsagainstsharia.blogspot.com/2008/01/islamofascist-dhimmi-axis-assault-on.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home