Sunday, May 04, 2008

CHARLES CACCIA - MAY GOD HAVE MORE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL THAN YOU DID ON YOUR CONSTITUENTS

From Joan Tintor, we find that Charles Caccia, Liberal MP for the Davenport riding from 1968 -04 died this weekend from a stroke.
I lived in the Davenport riding from 2001-2004 and remember Caccia very well.

I remember that when I called his constituency office to make an appointment I could never get through.

I remember that when I left messages they were never returned.

I remember that when I looked for a website he did not have one.

I remember when I wrote him regarding same sex marriage I did not get a response. Not even a token form letter.

I remember that he gladly exploited his Italian Catholic heritage to get votes from a largely naive Italian Catholic riding while all the while being one of the most left-wing, viciously anti-Catholic MP's in Parliamentary history.

I remember that under his watch the Davenport riding was one of the poorest ridings in all of Canada and Ontario and not once did I see him do a thing about it.

I have no idea where Charles Caccia is right now. I hope he is in a better place. I hope he made peace with God before he died. In my opinion, he exploited the good will of the people of Davenport while doing nothing for them that I could see for over three decades. He plied on the naivete of the Italian-Canadian community (yes, as an Italian I can say they are painfully naive and exploited by Liberals like Caccia and Joe Volpe). Based on my time in Davenport I can say nothing good about Charles Caccia as an MP.

Not. One. Thing.

I saw poor old Italian-Catholic men wearing his buttons knowing he did nothing for them. I saw conservative Catholics vote for him knowing that once he got to parliament his votes held their views in contempt.

It is rare I say a bad thing about someone on this blog. I try to deal with ideas...not names.

For Charles Caccia, because he was Italian and I am too I will make an exception.

If someone can find one good thing he did for that community let me know and I will publish it. But for all I saw, he was a decrepit leftist who exploited his race, nationality and religious heritage to sit in parliament for decades and do nothing.

May God have more mercy on his soul than he did on his constituents.

5 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - this is one nasty, shallow comment if there ever was one.

Someone needs to fix your soul.

How cold, how partisan and how pitiful.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Nicol DuMoulin said...

If someone can find one good thing he did for that community let me know and I will publish it.

Caccia was a career politician who in his last campaigns didn't even bother to introduce himself to the majority of people in his riding.

A quick google finds he did nothing for the poor, working class people of Davenport at all. After collecting thier votes, he lobbied for the typial elitist left-wing causes and had very little impact at that.

Is it wrong for me to acknowledge that?

What should I have written? That he was a hard worker who tried to help the poor people of Davenport. That he attended their church pot luck dinners and broke bread with them. He didn't. He used them. That will be his legacy.

That - is - a cold thing for me to write. But it is not partisan. It is the truth.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy self-importance Batman!

36 years of service in the riding, and you're complaining that he didn't listen to you during your 3-year habitation. I wouldn't listen to you either.

In any case, you equate the mercy of your all-powerful sky friend with the quality of his treatment towards YOU during a three year period out of 36? Are you serious? What does this say about your god? What does this say about you?

Truly, you are not that important. Not even for a god that doesn't exist.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Baby Soul said...

"It is rare I say a bad thing about someone on this blog."

Yea, you just wait till they've passed on to bring out the venom.

That takes real guts.

"decrepit leftist"

Stay classy!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Nicol DuMoulin said...

Anonymous,

I repeat:

If someone can find one good thing he did for that community let me know and I will publish it.

"In any case, you equate the mercy of your all-powerful sky friend with the quality of his treatment towards YOU during a three year period out of 36?"

Uhh,no. Are you a product of the Ontario public school system? Again, if you find me just one reference of Caccia doing something significant for the poor working class people of Davenport, I will publish. To be honest, it was my frustration with how the people of Davenport were and still are being exploited by the bloated Liberal machine that inspired me to start blogging to begin with.

Angryflower,

I certainly am not classy by progressive definitions. Then I would have to find a poor riding, exploit my nationality to get elected for 3 decades and do nothing for them. That would be the classy progressive thing to do. Oh and lobby for all the causes that hurt and not help poor, working class immigrants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home