Thursday, January 31, 2008

HILLARY THE REAL DEAL: BARACK HAS NO CLOTHES

Just finished watching the Democrat debate. I have written positively about Barack Obama here before, but to be honest, I think he lost against Hillary Clinton.

On issues such as immigration he seemed painfully naive. On Iraq he seemed to be very simplistic. On health care he seemed optimistic, but not realistic.

I do not think he is a bad man and still think he has a real shot at the White House. But the more I actually watch him for extended periods, the more I think the emperor has no clothes. Barack's base is not the working class, it is 'well educated', largely white university students and Hollywood. That is who he is hoping will get him California on Super Tuesday.

I am not convinced. If he were in Canada, he would be NDP. Again, I wanted to believe...but I cannot be so blind to the simplistic rhetoric.

Hillary Clinton was all substance. I know she is very divisive among conservatives and I disagree with her on many issues, but the woman is no fool. She made concrete policy statements and was very complex on Iraq.

I will be surprised if she does not win the White House.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God help us all if you're right....

 
At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barack Obama is a very eloquent speaker and likeable at first. He reminds me of Brian Mulroney. How likeable will Obama be after four years as president?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home